Friday, October 5, 2007

Worst Case.

So guess what? My first story topic has changed. AGAIN.

Mr. Richard Beam never got back to me. It appears he is on vacation leave. Indefinitely.

So goes my 3rd attempt at a story topic. A few days ago, on my way to Long Beach Community College, I passed by a small building that I had always seen, but never really "took in."

Off Carson Street in Long Beach, there's a tiny building that is connected to a church and outside is a marquee that reads "American Legion Post."

I've always heard of the American Legion, and knew that they were somehow related to the Military, so when I got home, I did some research.

Turns out they're a Veteran's assistance program, and are a tightly regimented organization. This is my next story.

I know for a fact not many people know much about the American Legion and what they do - they may have heard of it though I'm sure.

I think a piece on this organization would make for a great addition to our project.

As far as interviews go, I already have two set up for tomorrow and after all this waiting, I'm ready to go.

www.legion.org

No comments: