Saturday, October 6, 2007

SNAFU.


Well, today started off nicely at least.

Had a nice early lunch with my buddy Joe at CPK in Cerritos, where I just happened to run into Professor Amara Aguilar and her twin (she has a twin?) sister. So far, so good.

Headed home to prepare for my two interviews I had set up at the American Legion post in Long Beach. So far so good.

I get to the post and set up my equipment and meet my two interviewees. They seem like great guys and ask me if I want an O'Douls. I gratefully decline and begin the interview.

I knew something was wrong when they started off by asking me to show my CSULB student ID card. Frank, the gentleman in glasses wanted to "make sure I was one of the good guys." I didn't pay much attention to this and continued with my course of action.

To make a long story short. They weren't very cooperative.

The majority of my questions were your basic journalism questions: the 5 w's, a little background information on them, etc. Frank kept on stressing the dangers of this personal information getting into the wrong hands and basically addressed me as a possible terrorist; in the nicest way he could.

So I left there with a scant handful of quotes I felt were somewhat usable.

I need to find more interviews. And fast.

No comments: